Kirkwood, MO, 63122
Joined on March, 2012
Weekends after 10AM
Up to 20 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationSt Louis Community College
Associates, Civil Engineering Technolog
1976 – 1978
ExperienceInstructional Technology Assistant Aquinas Institute of Theology Educational Institution; 11-50 employees; Higher Education industry
November 2011 – Present (5 months) St Louis MO
• Provide support for Faculty and Staff ... technology needs and Blackboard 9 course building.
Educational Assistant St. Louis Community College Educational Institution; 1001-5000 employees; Higher Education industry
September 2011 – Present (7 months) Forest Park
• Provide back-office support to Faculty ... adhoc database development and Blackboard 9 instructional design of courses.
Adjunct Instructor Jefferson College Educational Institution; 501-1000 employees; Higher Education industry
August 2011 – Present (8 months) Arnold/Hillsboro MO campuses
• Lecture classes in Programming Logic, Introduction to Information Systems and Microcomputer Software Applications.
Adjunct Instructor St. Louis Community College Educational Institution; 1001-5000 employees; Higher Education industry
January 2010 – Present (2 years 3 months) Forest Park
• 8+ combined years experience lecture/on-line classes covering Windows, Microsoft Excel, Access (relational databases) & Outlook, Internet Fundamentals and Information Systems for Business.
Manager-Contact Center Anheuser-Busch Public Company; 10,001+ employees; BUD; Food & Beverages industry
January 2011 – June 2011 (6 months) St Louis MO
• Managed IT Help Desk, 24 x 7 x 365 support for all locations in the U.S. and Canada, breweries, can plants and wholesalers, ~ 400 to 600 calls per day.
• Managed Systems Access team, user and network access for ~ 50 to 75 enterprise applications. Liaison for approximately 20 to 25 internal IT and macro-process teams.
Director-Information Technology Anheuser-Busch Public Company; 10,001+ employees; BUD; Food & Beverages industry
April 1995 – January 2011 (15 years 10 months) Manufacturers Railway and Manufacturers Cartage Company
• 15 yrs experience developing, testing and deploying custom ERP systems as well as complex System Integration projects, in-house and third party applications
• 15 yrs database analysis of structure, content and relationships, ~100 MS Access databases
• 15 yrs designing and constructing relational databases, ~100 MS Access databases
• 15 yrs linking to and importing or exporting from or to MS Access, Dbase, Oracle, SQL, Excel, flat and comma-separated text, Rail transportation data exchange formats, EDI
• 15 yrs parsing data extracts from multiple text formats and db platforms
• 10 to 15 yrs supporting/developing runtime SQL and runtime/stored procedures in VB 3.0 through 6.0, primarily 6.0 in a Microsoft Access development environment
• 15 yrs developing data manipulation tools via MS Access Query by Example
HobbiesMy goal is to share, teach, guide and lead. I bring forward, proactive, innovative thinking to the classroom or on-line forum, delivered from extensive field experience. I am dedicated to putting the needs of my students first, and I instruct in a practical style that enables them to enter or transition into their field of choice. My greatest teaching asset is that I teach students how to learn, preparing them to further leverage their own strengths and abilities, as they go forward with their own future, studies and endeavors.
My greatest asset in IT has been learning the needs of the business and empowering it’s users to be successful. I am seasoned and hands-on in all technical aspects of IT; network protocol, hardware, Windows, Microsoft Office, applications, software, updates and security patches. I have supported users on a local Help Desk; managed employees and IT contractors. As an Adjunct Instructor, I’ve leveraged my experience to provide guidance to future professionals.
Experienced in on-line course instruction via Blackboard and Banner. Expert in Systems Integration & Microsoft Access (2.0/97/2003/2007/2010). Advanced in Visual Basic support.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.